Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Making Changes

Alright so I know that it takes seven days or something like that to make something a habit.  And I'm working on that as we speak - eating right, exercising daily - they need to become habits.

But it's tough, I'm not going to lie.


I'm not sure how this came so easily to me before, but this time around it's so freaking tough.  And maybe that's just why, because it's 'this time'.


This vicious cycle is the story of my damn life.


I gain weight.

I lose a bunch of weight.
I gain it all back.
And then some. 
And then I try my hardest to lose it all again.
But more.

But now, at the lovely age of 35, it's not as easy as it used to be.  Eating right for 3 or 4 days at a time before would result in immediate weight loss, a pound or two, but it showed progress.  Which I need.  And when I don't see it right away in the 'numbers'?  I get discouraged and sabotage all my days, weeks even of hard work.


IN FIVE MINUTES.


But here I am.  I'm holding myself accountable.  I'm journaling.  I've got to beat this for real this time.  I have to.  I'm going to.  


BOTTOM LINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment