Thursday, April 22, 2010

This and That

So I joined a gym last week and have found myself heading there to escape the daily chaos of my life every day since. Well except for today. And I have a headache as I write this: go figure. I have hopes of maybe working with a physical trainer at some point, whether I take advantage of the one hour 'free' session and then trudge forward on my own with what I learn during my session, or actually hire one to work with me consistently. I'm thinking in the long run it might be beneficial to hire one since I have a lot of work to do, but the cost. It most likely will not fit into my budget. I just want to get healthy. And be fit. And not be ashamed of what I look like. Nothing in the world sucks more than pulling on a pair of jeans that used to fit loosely just about a month or so ago and now are super snug and almost 'too tight' to wear out in public. I really don't know what happened or how it happened, okay well maybe I do - but at any rate it's discouraging. And I really don't want to start off my day regularly on the verge of tears because nothing in my closet fits correctly. And yeah, maybe I am too hard on myself, but it's about happiness right? And I can't say that I'm there yet. YET. The workplace is hosting a 'Winning with Wellness' challenge starting in May and I've signed up. They even sent me a cool pedometer to use, and a log book to track some daily activities and goals and such. I put it on yesterday just out of curiosity to see how many steps I'd take through the day and my end result? 7571. I think that's satisfactory, but not good enough. I'll step it up with the official challenge starts in early May. So tell me, how are you guys doing with your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment