Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Staying on track; or trying to

So we are 5 days into the new year and I have yet to really work out. I did manage to get out with kids and the dog on Saturday and Sunday for a nice leisurely walk, but I didn't break a sweat so to me that's not working out. I know the key is to 'get moving' but for me, that isn't enough. I'm trying to stay focused, but not be too hard on myself at the same time. I've found in the past that extreme criticism (from me, myself and I) initiates the downward spiral to failure. But I know what I need to do. I just got to get into a routine and do it. It's totally a work in progress. I've managed to food journal on a daily basis and track my points but I'm struggling with keeping within my point range. Granted I only go over a point or two, but still, I should be able to spread out my meals and snacks so that by the time evening rolls around I'm not standing in the pantry looking for something to snack on. Yes, night time eating / snacking is a problem for me. Or maybe I just need to go to bed earlier. Now that's a thought.... Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment