Monday, June 01, 2009

175

I'm a yo-yo dieter without a doubt. If you've followed me here for any length of time I'm sure you already have figured that out - with the "this is it for real this time" to the "I've fallen off the wagon yet again but am back on it now". With maybe a little "I lost 22 pounds only to gain 10 or 15 pounds of it back" thrown in. I'm all over the map. I went on vacation, and now I'm back. I hiked the incline yesterday (the second time for me ever) and today I was in a good place mentally and have yet again re-dedicated myself to eating well, exercising often and hopefully once and for all - hit my goal weight that I've so eagerly been anticipating for so long now. Why I put myself through the torture is beyond me. Why can't I just do it and get it done and over with? Well I'll tell you why. It's because I know deep down in my soul that this life style is just that. It's a life style. I can't slack or give up, or get discouraged each and every time I'm thrown off schedule because I need the structure. I cheat on my diet and I throw myself into the perpetual loop that I cannot get out of. I have to stay on track. I HAVE TO. I skip a single work out and I've lost all motivation to start up again, even if I miss ONE SINGLE DAY. I know this about myself. I cannot lose focus. So, here we go again. But today I've decided to take a different approach to how I'm doing things. I'm a firm believer that it's mind over matter - I have determination to do this therefore I can do this. And I will. I've made a list of goals. And I'm going to focus on meeting one of those many goals per week. When next week starts, I'll add an additional goal to focus on while maintaining the goal I set out to reach the week before. My hope is that eventually I'll reach each of my weekly goals and continue to reach them long term, and before too long be in a life style that I can live with. As the weeks go by and the goals are met, I'll add new ones to the list. And I might even add in a reward of some sort for meeting each goal - but I haven't gotten that far yet. The goal for this week is to not dip into my weekly points allowance (which translates to the extra 35 points a week I'm allotted on the Weight Watchers Plan) and only use my daily target points which is 22. Since I've been so horrible lately at tracking points and staying within my allotted 22 points allowed, it should be a good start to getting back on track once and for all. I used to record my menu here, but found it to be redundant since I use the Weight Watchers Points Tracker online to track my points. And besides, who wants to read about what I ate every single day? As long as I'm tracking it for myself is good enough. I need the accountability and I've got it. And so far, so good - I'm finishing off my day with 19 out of 22 points used.

No comments:

Post a Comment