Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jillian Michaels & The 30 Day Shred - A Review

When The Biggest Loser first aired on TV I didn't really get too attached to the show. I'd catch a glimpse of an episode here and there, but I never went out of my way to tune in weekly to see who lost the most weight, or got sent home. Or who won it all in the end for that matter. Tivo'ing it never even crossed my mind. As the years have progressed though, I've become a big fan and watch it religiously. Maybe that's because I've gotten pretty serious (yet again) about my health, and my lifestyle. I find the show to be motivating and inspiring. And to boot, I'm a fan of the trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels. But specifically Jillian. And I know this sounds crazy, but I'd love to have an in person training session with Jillian. I may very well be dead after one session, but I would absolutely love to train with her. And while that thought is just a dream - I make due with her workout videos at home instead. Specifically The 30 Day Shred. I was witness to all the hype online about this workout video and will be the first to admit that I totally bought into it. I was reading about other people doing it, and seeing the results they were getting and was just amazed. I just had to try it for myself to see what it was all about, and whether or not it was really true. The first time I did the workout video it literally kicked my butt. Not to far into the video I was rethinking my decision to even give it a try and started to worry more about whether or not I was going to cough up my stomach then actually completing the video from start to finish. And the video is only about 25 minutes long. For about an hour afterwards, I couldn't feel my legs. And the day after? My god I could barely walk down the stairs or even sit and stand up without wincing in pain. And the exercises in the video didn't even seem all that hard to maneuver. They were just intense. And super effective. I did Level One of the video off and on for a few weeks, and then fell completely out of my routine and gave it up for a bit. At some point during that time I attempted Level Two, but never one have I even peeked at Level Three. To be honest I was kind of afraid to. A few weeks ago I found my motivation for working out again and made up my mind to do The 30 Day Shred for 30 days consecutively (as close as possible anyway) and I set out on my quest. I was determined to complete the 30 days (10 days of Level One, 10 days of Level Two and 10 days of Level Three) and stuck to my guns. Every evening after my boys were in bed I'd change into my work out clothes and do the video in the comfort of my own home. I was also keeping track of the days I had under my belt. I cursed a lot in the beginning. I felt completely and utterly out of shape too. By day four I started to notice slight changes in my body. By day six or seven of Level One I was starting to get comfortable with the workout and my endurance was through the roof. I was sore yes, but it felt good. My spirits were soaring high and I was feeling such a sense of accomplishment. And my hate for Jillian started to turn into love. That woman is amazing. I even started following her on Twitter! On day eleven I began Level Two and unfortunately on the third or fourth day of Level Two I got really sick. Me and Jillian didn't see each other for four whole days and I was really, really disappointed. Nothing like taking 10 steps forward only to take 4 steps backwards. But I didn't give up. I just set my counter back to zero and started over at day one. And now that I'm back on track, all the while still fighting a cold - I'm not giving up. I will complete my 30 days. Even if it kills me. I can't say enough good things about The 30 Day Shred. It's quick, the moves and techniques are fairly easy. But no mistake about it, the moves are intense. And yes, you will feel like you are dying, but I promise you, you aren't. And let's not forget that you will see results if you stick with it - no doubt about it. I highly recommend this workout video. And I'm proud to say that I'm on my way to being totally shredded.

No comments:

Post a Comment