Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've Fallen (off the wagon) And I Can't Get Up

I'm not going to lie, I've been struggling. At some point at the beginning of January I lost my focus and I haven't been able to get it back. Mind over matter I keep telling myself, but it's not working. I'd find myself starting off strong at the beginning of the week, then by Thursday or Friday of that very same week, I'd find myself distracted with not a care in the world about all the hard work I was un-doing. My will power was no where to be found. I haven't been exercising either. Mind over matter I keep telling myself, but it's not working. I told myself today that it was a new day. A day to start over, a day to get back on track and not fail again. I need to do this - for myself and for my family. I deserve to reach my goal. But I have to put my mind to it and just do it. Mind over matter I told myself today, and it's totally working. I weighed myself this morning and the scale read 174.0 pounds. I will get on the wagon (again) today and move forward with a positive attitude and accomplish what I started two and a half years ago. I have my goal in sight, and I will not fail this time. Mind over matter it is indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment