Monday, December 29, 2008

Damage Control

Every time I casually grabbed a baked good off the counter, or added a second helping of mashed potatoes and ham to my dinner plate, I knew that by weeks end things weren't going to be pretty. Considering I gave myself a 'free' week to enjoy the holidays, I also didn't journal anything I ate - all the perfect ingredients for a perfect disaster. At least for me anyways. It didn't take long to notice, by day two I was bloated, and tired and ..... grumpy. My clothes were starting to feel uncomfortable and I all of a sudden was really self cautious. And too boot, my chin broke out like the northern sky. I started off this week with a new frame of mind. The 'free' week had come to and end and it was time to step on the scale and observe just how much you can gain while being completely free and wreckless. Two things that I've learned I cannot be when it comes to food choices.

The numbers speak for themselves. I've got some damage control to do. In the blink of an eye, with no effort what so ever I gained 4.6 pounds! Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Why can't LOSING weight come so easy as GAINING?

No comments:

Post a Comment